The Center for Children & Youth Justice, founded in 2006 by Justice Bobbe J. Bridge (ret.), is committed to reforming Washington’s juvenile justice and child welfare systems. CCYJ leads communities, our state, and the nation in empowering children and youth, stabilizing families, and strengthening communities through meaningful and lasting reform. CCYJ identifies gaps in the system, researches, develops innovative and creative solutions, and ensures that policymakers integrate these system improvements into practices and procedures. CCYJ’s results are realized into state law, adopted as standing protocols by the courts, schools, and other partners; and they are developed into new interventions for at-risk, abused and/or neglected children and their families. CCYJ has succeeded in driving positive systems change for more than a decade. Following an extensive national search, our Board of Directors appointed our second President and CEO Rachel Sottile in late 2018. Our passionate staff is deeply committed to the youth for whom we advocate.
This is a full-time position; 30 hours per week minimum. Eligible for employee benefits. This position is considered non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore eligible for overtime pay.
This position is responsible for processing accounts payable, grant-related invoices, payroll, GL entries, accounts, and corporate credit card reconciliation. They assist with monthly close and corporate expenses. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by CCYJ as the needs of the organization and requirements of the job shift over time.
- Process payroll
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Assist in preparing and analyzing financial reports
- Support audit requests
- Analyze monthly grant data and donations
- Ensure that all transactions processed are in compliance with business expense policy and travel policy.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and maintain vendor files.
- Manage credit card transactions, ensuring documentation is complete and payments are made on time.
- Enter all vendor invoices into the accounting system AP module.
- Print AP checks as specified by the VP of Mission Support Services and distribute to the President/CEO for signatures and mailing.
- Process annual 1099s.
- Generate customer invoices and maintain AR electronic files.
- Prepare journal entries for accounts receivable.
- Investigate unusual bank and credit card transactions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- at least 4 years and relevant training and/or education in the duties as described above.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field; or a combination of education and experience. Experience using Quickbooks for accounting, Excel.
Skills And Abilities
- Detail orientation and analytical skills.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
- Able to work in a team environment and has the courage to communicate openly and honestly.
- Possess a growth mindset: the willingness to be coached and to develop to increase effectiveness, collaboration, and produce results.
- High functioning sense of humor, humility, and emotional intelligence.
- Foster a culture of integrity, service, adaptability, innovation, and responsibility.
CCYJ offers a benefits package that includes:
- CCYJ pays 100% of the employee premium for medical, dental, basic life, and both short‐term and long‐term disability. Employees pay the full cost to enroll dependents on medical and dental or to enroll in voluntary life.
- Transportation Allowance
- Paid Time Off: All regular employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week will be provided a bank of vacation time each calendar year, which can be used only for that calendar year. 20 days of vacation will be available for all full-time employees for use during the calendar year. Vacation for part time employees will be prorated, based on actual hours worked. Employees hired during the calendar year will be provided a pro-rated amount based on their hire date.
- Sick Leave: All employees are eligible for sick and safe leave. Full time employees (40 hours per week) will be provided 12 days (96 hours) at the beginning of each calendar year, for use in that year. Employees working less than full time will receive a pro-rated bank, based on their anticipated work schedule for the year. Up to 40 hours of unused sick and safe leave can be carried over into the next calendar year.
- Holiday Pay, and Floating Holiday Pay: Federal Holidays, Floating holidays (2 per year) are loaded at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Sick and vacation PTO has no cash value upon exit of the company
- In addition to sick and vacation PTO, CCYJ provides care time to promote personal and family well being on a monthly basis
- CCYJ complies with all applicable leave laws in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- We are committed to a diverse, fully self-expressed workforce, representing the communities in which we serve.
- We are committed to examining our own internal structures, policies, and culture, identifying and eliminating those aspects that promulgate racism
- Together we are transparent, accountable, respectful, and self-aware in order to foster belonging and a sense of community.
- We operate with an innovative and leading-edge mindset.
- We are purpose driven and laser sharp in the fulfillment of our mission.
- Our staff embraces a growth mindset; our development is essential to expand and grow our impact for children and youth in WA.
- We produce results, not reasons.
- We (believe) anything is possible.
- We believe everyone has something to contribute.
- We believe everything happens out of your relationship with other people.
- We are grounded in the premise that great ideas can come from anyone at any time.
- We believe people up to big things are going to make big mistakes. We own them, learn from them, and move on.
- We believe transparency is essential to a highly functioning organization.
Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. The starting hourly wage range is $24 - $27 per hour.
To be qualified for employment at CCYJ, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved exemption due to medical or religious reasons upon hire. A person is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination if they have received all recommended doses in the primary series and booster when eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value a diverse workforce.